GBC HISPEEDIDO IPS V3 LCD | Install Guide
Ensure you have all the parts included with your kit. See below:
HISPEEDIDO IPS V3 LCD Kit Includes:
- 1x PCB
- 1x Ribbon Cable
- 2x Insulating Films
- 3x Wires for brightness adjustment
Before you Proceed
- Fully disassemble your Gameboy Color.
Installing your IPS kit, bending the ribbon cables, soldering, or applying any adhesives in this kit will void the warranty and return policy. Fully test your kit before proceeding.
- LCD may break if put under too much pressure or dropped. Please exercise extreme caution when installing.
- Damage to console or LCD may occur if you do not trim the cartridge port pins. Exercise caution when trimming pins, wear eye protection to protect from pin debris when cutting the metal. Damage caused by these pins are not covered under our return or exchange policy. Trim the pins of your Gameboy's cartridge slot flat so that they don't interfere with any parts of the kit. We also recommend placing some Kapton tape over the trimmed pins to prevent any shorts.
Prestige IPS modified shells will need some trimming near the D-Pad area inside shell, and the alignment posts/pins. Please see this trim guide and scroll to the section titled "V2/V3 IPS kits" to modify the shell properly.
For non-IPS modified shells/OEM shells, any plastic highlighted in red below will need to be cut down so that it is flush with the rest of the shell. This will allow room for the screen to sit in the shell.
You also need to trim down the D-Pad in order for it to not interfere with the screen as you are playing, you will need to make it flat near the top like shown:
After you've made your shell modifications you can begin to put your kit together.
This kit technically doesn't require any soldering, however if you would like to have access to button controls you can solder three wires up to the control board in order to get them.
Once you've made your shell modifications, and done the optional soldering if you would like to, you can begin to put your console back together.
Place your screen into the shell and use a strip of the adhessive across the top of the screen and the bottom to hold it in place. It is also recommended to put one of the touch sensors behind the IR shield, and the other in the opposite corner of the console.
Finally connect the ribbon cable at the top of the screen, and you can test out your console!
- If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to email@example.com