GBC HISPEEDIDO Q5 Install Guide
Take inventory and make sure you have all the parts of your kit:
- 1x IPS Q5 backlight screen
- 1x Ribbon cable
- 1x PCB with pre soldered tabs
- 1x 3M custom installation adhesive
- 3x Wires for on screen controls
- 2x Insulation films
- Test the kit before installation! Once the display is mounted it cannot always be safely removed. We ask that you test the kit by hooking it up before removing the screen protector and before fully mounting the display.
- LCD may break if put under too much pressure or dropped. Please exercise extreme caution when installing.
- Damage to console or LCD may occur if you do not trim the cartridge port pins. Exercise caution when trimming pins, wear eye protection to protect from pin debris when cutting the metal. Damage caused by these pins are not covered under our return or exchange policy. Trim the pins of your Gameboy's cartridge slot flat so that they don't interfere with any parts of the kit. We also recommend placing some Kapton tape over the trimmed pins to prevent any shorts.
First we will prepare our IPS ready shell by trimming the required pins to place the screen into the shell.
We will then place our IPS screen into the shell over the adhesive, while also placing the insulating on the back of the IPS panel.
Next we will solder our three wires for the on screen display controls.
Up next is connecting the wires to their respective points on the motherboard.
Now we will apply the touch sensors, we recommend keeping these away from the main ribbon cable as the power running through the ribbon cable can cause it to activate on it's own.
Finally we can place the motherboard into the console and connect the ribbon cable at the top of the motherboard.
You can optionally solder a wire from the battery pad to the BT+ point, or the VCC switch point on the motherboard. This will enable the battery display function.
From here you can reassemble your console as normal!
- Hold Select and press A + B simultaneously to access the OSD menu.
- Press A and B to scroll through the menu (A=Up, B=Down).
- Hold Select and press A to enter a function.
- Press A or B to set desired level (A=Right, B=Left).
- Hold Select and press A to save changes.
- Hold Select and press B to exit.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org