GBC FP Q5 Unlaminated | Install Guide
- Test the kit before installation! Once the display is mounted it cannot always be safely removed. We ask that you test the kit by hooking it up before removing the screen protector and before fully mounting the display.
- LCD may break if put under too much pressure or dropped. Please exercise extreme caution when installing.
- Damage to console or LCD may occur if you do not trim the cartridge port pins. Exercise caution when trimming pins, wear eye protection to protect from pin debris when cutting the metal. Damage caused by these pins are not covered under our return or exchange policy. Trim the pins of your Gameboy's cartridge slot flat so that they don't interfere with any parts of the kit. We also recommend placing some Kapton tape over the trimmed pins to prevent any shorts.
This Kit Includes:
- The IPS Screen
- The Ribbon Cable
- Three Wires
- Alignment Bracket
- Black Protective Adhessive
For this guide we will be using an IPS ready shell to avoid having to do any intensive cuts to an OEM shell. The first step will be to remove the pins in the way of the screen, we recommend flush cutters for this step.
Next we can go ahead and place the adhessive for the screen into place.
Once the adhessive is in place, we can place the screen into the top right of the shell. Make sure it's for placed flat against the cut hole for the LED.
Now you can tin the pads for start, select, and the power wire on the other side of the ribbon cable.
Don't forget to add the protective adhessive to the back of the screen as you are soldering the wires.
Now that we have the three wires soldered to the ribbon cable, we can solder the wires for start and select to the motherboard. For this install you can use the test pads down by the buttons or the vias located near the top of the console. We recommend using the vias as there is no chance of the wires messing with the buttons that way.
Once the start and select buttons are wired you can place the buttons and membranes into the console.
From here we can put the console into the front shell and secure it down with the three screws on the bottom of the motherboard.
From there we can insert the ribbon cable into the top of the console, and secure the locking tab.
Now we can solder the wire to the pin labeled "2" on the power switch.
From here you can reassemble the console entirely!
- To Move Left and Right: Hold Start and Select for 5 seconds, pressing start and select will then shift screen. Press touch sensor to swap direction you are moving. Press touch sensor two more times to go back to moving left and right. Save by holding start and select again for 5 seconds.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to email@example.com