Game Boy (DMG)
DMG Four Pikachus
Observing 4 Pikachus after installing and powering up your Game Boy DMG IPS V3 mod means:
- The IPS LCD and PCB are not getting adequate power.
- No LCD signal is being received from the PCB.
- Disconnect and reconnect all cables and ribbons. It can take a couple tries to make the proper connection.
- Look for cable or pin damage, especially on the large ribbon cable. We have spares available here.
- Double check that all your ribbon cables are fully secured/completely inserted/ports cleared of all debris/dust. It's possible a cable has a little more lead that needs to be inserted into the port or a latch on a port is loose.
- Clean all your contacts, cables, and ports with 97% or higher isopropyl alcohol.
- The capacitors on the console may need to be replaced. Proceed with a capacitor diagnostic on your console. If you find your readouts are off, you may need to recap your console.
- Consider purchasing a new Power Board (Regulator) for your console.
If you continue to see this issue, please reach out to [email protected]